Sewer Repair in Marietta, GA
If you’re looking for high-quality sewer line repair in Marietta, GA, you can trust our team at BDS Plumbing Solutions to get the job done right. Since 2015, we’ve been providing sewer repair throughout Cobb County that’s second to none. When you have sewer line issues, one call is all it takes to get a safe, long-lasting solution.
Is Your Sewer Line Damaged?
A damaged sewer line has the potential to create a dangerous, messy situation on your property and in your home. It’s important to get in touch with us as soon as you notice any of the common signs of sewer line damage, including:
Reasons to Work with Our Marietta Sewer Line Repair Experts
We like to use the slogan “Honest Dependable Plumbing” because we are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure you’re satisfied. We also offer customer service that’s second to none, treating you just like a member of the family from start to finish. As plumbers that grew up in the local community, we are proud to serve the residents and businesses of Marietta, and we take our role very seriously. Here’s some of what you can expect when you work with us:
A Proven Repair Process
When you work with us for your sewer repair in Marietta, we’ll start by inspecting your sewer pipe to determine the extent of the damage before creating a plan of action. We use all the latest equipment and technology to pinpoint the source of your sewer line damage and provide you with a safe and long-lasting repair.
Risks of Using the DIY Approach
Sewer line repair and the DIY approach do not work well together, and you should always rely on an experienced professional. It’s no secret that every sewer pipe contains contaminants that can cause serious health issues, so dependable repair is crucial. Only a professional plumber has the experience, the tools, and the troubleshooting ability to get the job done right.
Long-Term Benefits When You Trust a Professional
Your sewer line is one of those things that is out of sight, and you just expect to be in good working condition at all times. When you trust professionals like our team at BDS Plumbing Solutions, you can have peace of mind knowing your sewer line is in good condition so that you can get on with more important things.
Contact Us Today
Do you need industry-leading sewer repair in the Marietta area? For expert service you can count on every time, get in touch with us today at BDS Plumbing Solutions to schedule an appointment.
Book Your Service
Frequently Asked Questions
How are sewers repaired?
Sewer repairs are conducted using various methods, depending on the type of damage and the extent of the issue. Some common sewer repair techniques include:
- Trenchless Pipe Repair: Trenchless methods, such as pipe lining and pipe bursting, involve repairing or replacing damaged sewer pipes without extensive excavation. Pipe lining involves inserting a new liner inside the existing pipe, while pipe bursting involves breaking the old pipe and pulling a new one in its place.
- Excavation and Replacement: For severe damage or collapsed pipes, traditional excavation may be necessary. Plumbers dig a trench to access the damaged sewer line, remove the old pipe, and install a new one.
- Spot Repair: In cases where the damage is isolated to a specific area, spot repair is employed. Plumbers excavate only the affected section of the sewer line and repair or replace that particular segment.
- Hydro Jetting: For clogs and blockages, hydro jetting is used to clear debris and restore proper flow.
The specific method chosen depends on factors like the extent of damage, pipe material, and the location of the sewer line. Professional assessment and expertise are crucial to determining the most suitable repair approach and ensuring a durable and reliable sewer system.
What causes sewer damage?
Sewer damage can be caused by various factors, and identifying the root cause is essential to implementing effective repairs and preventing future issues. Some common causes of sewer damage include:
- Age and Wear: Over time, sewer pipes can deteriorate and corrode due to age and constant use, leading to cracks, leaks, and collapses.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots are attracted to the moisture and nutrients inside sewer pipes, and they can infiltrate the pipes through small cracks, causing blockages and damage.
- Ground Shifting: Changes in the soil and ground movement, such as settling or earthquakes, can shift and damage sewer pipes.
- Grease and Debris Buildup: Grease, hair, food debris, and other materials can accumulate inside sewer pipes, leading to clogs and restricted flow.
- Pipe Misalignment or Poor Installation: Incorrectly installed or misaligned pipes can cause stress on the sewer system, leading to damage over time.
- External Interference: Construction work, excavation, or other external factors can accidentally damage sewer pipes.
Understanding the causes of sewer damage helps property owners and professionals take appropriate preventive measures and implement timely repairs to maintain a reliable and functioning sewer system. Regular inspections and maintenance can also help identify potential issues before they escalate.
How do you fix sewage water?
Fixing sewage water issues requires a systematic approach and should be handled by licensed professionals due to the health and safety risks involved. The steps to fix sewage water problems include:
- Identify the Source: Determine the cause of the sewage water problem, whether it’s a blocked sewer line, damaged pipes, or a malfunctioning sewage system.
- Stop the Flow: If possible, turn off the water supply and stop using fixtures connected to the sewage system to prevent further contamination.
- Containment: Isolate the affected area to prevent sewage water from spreading and causing additional damage.
- Drain and Cleanup: Pump out the sewage water and clean the area thoroughly, using appropriate disinfectants to eliminate harmful pathogens.
- Repair and Replacement: Address the root cause of the issue by repairing or replacing damaged pipes, fixtures, or the sewage system itself.
- Sanitization: Ensure the affected area is thoroughly sanitized and deodorized to eliminate any lingering odors or bacteria.
- Preventive Measures: Implement preventive measures, such as regular inspections and maintenance, to avoid future sewage water problems.
By following these steps and working with experienced professionals, sewage water issues can be effectively resolved, restoring the safety and functionality of the sewage system.
How do you take care of a sewer?
Taking care of a sewer system is essential to ensure its proper functioning and longevity. Here are some expert tips on sewer maintenance:
- Regular Inspections: Schedule professional sewer inspections periodically to identify any potential issues, such as blockages, leaks, or tree root intrusions.
- Proper Use: Avoid flushing non-flushable items like wipes, paper towels, and feminine hygiene products, as they can cause blockages in the sewer system.
- Grease Disposal: Avoid pouring grease, oil, or fat down the drain, as they can solidify and clog the pipes.
- Tree Root Management: If you have trees near your sewer lines, consider regular tree root management to prevent root intrusion into the pipes.
- Maintain Clean Out Points: Keep access points to the sewer system, such as clean-outs, free from obstructions for easy inspection and maintenance.
- Trenchless Repairs: When possible, opt for trenchless repair methods to minimize disruption and damage during sewer repairs.
- Professional Maintenance: Seek the expertise of licensed plumbers for sewer maintenance and repairs to ensure proper care and effective solutions.
By following these maintenance tips, property owners can minimize the risk of sewer problems, ensure a reliable sewer system, and avoid costly repairs in the long run.