Slab Leak Repair in Marietta, GA
If you have a slab leak that requires professional attention, you can count on our team at BDS Plumbing Solutions to deliver the results you need. We provide industry-leading slab leak repair in Marietta, GA, and surrounding areas of Cobb County. All it takes is one call, and we will show up quickly to take control of the situation and put your mind at ease.
Common Signs of a Slab Leak
When you have a water leak beneath a concrete slab of your house, the likelihood of extensive water damage is high. It’s always important to take action as quickly as possible to get the situation under control and minimize the damage. Here are some signs to watch for that may indicate you have a slab leak underneath your foundation:
Reasons to Work with Our Plumbers in Marietta, GA
Working with our team of expert plumbers means you have access to the best slab leak repair in the area, plus exceptional customer service that will keep you coming back for more. We want to build a long-term relationship with you, and you’ll be treated like a member of our family whenever we work together. Since 2015, we’ve been servicing the local community, and we take our role very seriously. Some additional benefits of working with us include:
What Is Slab Leak Detection & Repair?
When you have a slab leak, one or more of the pipes underneath the concrete slab of your house has developed a leak. Naturally, this has the potential to cause a great deal of water damage to your home and the area surrounding the house. Slab leak detection is a service we provide that helps us pinpoint the source of your water leak, so we can provide you with the repairs you need.
Why You Need to Take Action Right Away
The moment you notice any of the common signs of a slab leak, it’s important to get in touch with us so we can take the next steps. The longer you wait, the higher the likelihood of severe water damage that requires costly repairs, elevated water bills, and structural damage to your house, not to mention the stress and anxiety that can be associated with this type of plumbing problem. The signs of a slab leak don’t always make themselves known right away, which is why it’s crucial to reach out to us as soon as you see any signs of trouble.
Benefits of Quality Slab Leak Repair
When you trust our team of professionals for your slab leak repair in Marietta, you can put your mind at ease knowing your plumbing system is in good working order and your property is safe. This will allow you to get on with your daily routine and focus on the things that matter most, saving thousands of dollars and repair costs and protecting the structure of your house.
Get In Touch with Our Team Today
For trusted slab leak repair in the Marietta area, you can count on our team at BDS Plumbing Solutions to get the job done right. Reach out to us today to schedule an appointment, and we will take care of the rest.
Book Your Service
Frequently Asked Questions
How serious is a slab leak?
A slab leak is a serious plumbing issue that occurs when water pipes or sewer lines beneath the concrete foundation (slab) of a building develop leaks. These leaks can lead to several significant problems:
- Structural Damage: If left untreated, slab leaks can cause the concrete foundation to shift, crack, or weaken, resulting in severe structural damage to the building.
- Water Damage: Water seeping from the slab can damage flooring, walls, and belongings, leading to costly repairs and potential mold growth.
- High Water Bills: Undetected slab leaks can cause a substantial increase in water bills due to the continuous water loss.
- Health Risks: Moisture from slab leaks can create an environment conducive to mold growth, potentially causing respiratory problems and other health issues.
Addressing slab leaks promptly is crucial to prevent further damage and avoid costly repairs. Professional leak detection and repair by licensed plumbers are necessary to minimize the impact of slab leaks and ensure the safety and integrity of the building’s foundation and infrastructure.
What are common causes of slab leaks?
Several factors can contribute to the occurrence of slab leaks, and identifying the root cause is essential for effective repairs and prevention. Some common causes of slab leaks include:
- Poor Construction: Inadequate installation or low-quality materials used during construction can lead to pipe corrosion and leaks over time.
- Soil Shifts: Changes in the soil’s moisture content or settling of the ground can exert pressure on the pipes, causing them to crack or break.
- Abrasion: Over time, pipes can rub against rocks or other abrasive materials in the soil, leading to gradual pipe damage and leaks.
- Water Pressure: High water pressure within the plumbing system can strain the pipes and eventually cause leaks.
- Corrosion: Chemical reactions between the pipes and the surrounding soil or water can lead to corrosion and weakening of the pipes.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots seeking water sources can infiltrate the area around the pipes, causing them to crack or dislodge.
Regular inspections and proactive maintenance can help identify potential issues early, preventing slab leaks and minimizing the risk of costly repairs and property damage.
How do you treat slab leakage?
Treating slab leakage requires a systematic approach and should be performed by licensed professionals with expertise in handling such issues. Here are the essential steps involved in treating slab leakage:
- Leak Detection: Accurate detection is crucial for locating the source of the slab leak. Plumbers use specialized equipment, such as acoustic sensors or thermal imaging, to pinpoint the exact location of the leak without causing unnecessary damage to the property.
- Slab Access: Once the leak is identified, access points are made in the concrete slab to reach the damaged pipes. Trenchless methods are preferred when possible to minimize disruption and cost.
- Repair or Replacement: The damaged pipes are repaired or replaced, depending on the severity of the leak and the condition of the pipes. Repairs may involve patching or sealing small leaks, while severely damaged pipes may require replacement.
- Slab Restoration: After the repair, the access points in the concrete slab are restored to their original condition.
- Follow-Up Inspection: A post-repair inspection is conducted to ensure the leak is fully resolved and to verify the integrity of the repaired pipes.
Proper treatment of slab leakage requires professional expertise to ensure effective repairs and prevent further damage to the property’s foundation and plumbing system.
What are signs of a slab leak?
Detecting slab leaks early is essential to prevent significant damage to the property’s foundation and plumbing system. Here are common signs that may indicate the presence of a slab leak:
- Unexplained Water Pools: If you notice unexplained water puddles or wet areas on your floor, especially on hard surfaces like tile or laminate, it could be a sign of water leaking from the slab.
- High Water Bills: A sudden and unexplained increase in water bills may indicate water loss due to a hidden slab leak.
- Warm Spots on Floors: If you feel warm spots on the floor, it could be caused by hot water leaking from the slab’s hot water pipes.
- Mold or Mildew Growth: Excessive moisture from a slab leak can lead to mold or mildew growth on walls, floors, or baseboards.
- Water Meter Activity: Turn off all water fixtures and check if the water meter is still running. If it is, it might indicate a concealed leak, possibly under the slab.
- Low Water Pressure: A drop in water pressure could result from a slab leak affecting the water supply.
If you observe any of these signs, it’s essential to seek immediate professional assistance from a licensed plumber with experience in detecting and repairing slab leaks. Prompt action can prevent further damage and mitigate potential costly repairs.